Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Human Interaction Is Hard, Okay

My family and I went out for the day to go Christmas shopping to eat a nice lunch together. (Yes, we do our shopping approximately 4 days before Christmas. Everyone does, right? Haha ahem anyway....)
We went to this awesome restaurant that serves some of the greatest quesadillas and salads on this planet. I was really excited to eat the meal, which must have led my brain to my first mental fumble of the day, which went something like this:

Waitress: Soup or salad?
Me: *hearing "super salad" and thinking, "yep, I definitely want a super salad hur hur hur"* Yes please.
Waitress: .....So which do you want?
Me: *stares blankly until my mum and sister tell me what she actually said and I start breaking down with laughter* *chokes out the word "Salad."*

We ordered desserts (as seen above) and, well...
Waitress: You guys enjoy your desserts!
Me: *automatically* Thanks! You too!
She was sweet about it though, and laughed along with everyone else as they laughed at me as I laughed at myself.

Stay warm! Eat super salads! Only four more days til Christmas!
//Your friendly neighborhood Embers//

6 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA MY DAD HAS DONE THE SUPER SALAD THING BEFORE *cries and flies and dies*

    Beautiful, nailed it, A+.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOMETIMES ENGLISH IS HARD. XD Why don't they say, 'salad or soup?' WAY less confusion!

      Delete
  2. OHHHH Man.
    I'm dead
    XDDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *revives* *feeds super salad and nonexistent desserts*
      XD

      Delete