Thursday, June 11, 2015

Story Prompt #1

So, this is a fun little segment I decided to have on my blog – story prompts! I write a lot, and my stories are basically my lifeblood. This is for any other writers out there who are seeking inspiration!
Sometimes the prompt might be a line or two of dialogue, a fantasy setting or animal (don't be surprised if 34% of these are about dragons), an ending line to a story, a brief character description, a piece of music, or even a picture that sparks inspiration in me. Your job is to take the idea and make it your own words, your personal style. Mold my tiny crumb of an idea into a sticky triple-layered apple cake with light brown icing, dusted thickly with cinnamon sugar as the leaves fall to the autumn ground outside.
... Sorry. I'm craving sweets right now. I have no idea where that last dependent clause came from, however.

Anyway, for today, I give you six (mostly two-letter word) character descriptions and traits: 
"Mysterious Gentleman"
"Vexed Orphan"
"The Dog with a Grudge"
"Claustrophobic Explorer"
"Vaguely Sarcastic"
"Sentient Forest"

Do with these what you will! I hope this inspires you to write. Tell me if you make anything with these characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment